8/19/10

On the airwaves

I had the enjoyable privilege yesterday to meet with two wonderful Kansas City-based mystery authors, Nancy Pickard and Joel Goldman. The three of us were interviewed on our local public radio station, KCUR, by Steve Kraske.
We spent the hour discussing the craft of mystery writing.
The show is now available as an mp3 stream on the station's website --click here:  KCUR.

If you haven't read it yet, Nancy's bestselling new book, The Scent of Rain and Lightning, is a stunner. As she did in The Virgin of Small Plains, Nancy evocatively captures the essence of rural prairie life in modern-day Kansas and the raw emotions that echo down the decades after a single night of terrifying violence.  Here is her website: http://www.nancypickard.com/

Joel's new book, No Way Out, will be in bookstores in just a few weeks.  This is the third installment in his exciting Jack Davis series.  Read more about it and check out a fantastic book trailer on his website:
http://www.joelgoldman.com/

1 comment:

Eunice Boeve said...

I've read Nancy Pickard's Virgin of Small Plains, a Kansas Notable Book as was my book Maggie Rose and Sass, a year earlier. In fact I was on the committee that chose The Virgin of Small Plains and introduced it to my local book club. I've also read The Scent of Rain and Lighting and have on my "to read" shelf, waiting,her book, The Whole Truth.